3 Ways to Avoid Your House Sale Falling Through
Did you know that somewhere between 1 in 3 and 1 in 4 house sales in England will fall through?
Selling your home can be a stressful experience, but it can be even more stressful if the sale falls through. There are a number of reasons why a house sale might fall through, but there are also a number of steps you can take to reduce the risk of this happening.
Here are three ways you can avoid a house sale falling through:
- Get prepared – This includes the house and all those little jobs, your finances, but the one people often forget is your legal paperwork. When you are selling a house you have to provide information that forms part of the contract, this information considers things such as who owns the boundary, when were the electrics last checked and what furnishings are you leaving. Why wait until you have agreed a sale to provide this information? You can provide this information upfront so buyers are well informed before making an offer. At MovingWorks we help you put this information together and call it a buyer information pack, it is a great way to prevent any unexpected surprises.
- Choose the right estate agent. Not all estate agents are created equal, not all estate agents place importance on getting a sale progressed to fit your timescales and avoid it falling through. When choosing an estate agent, it is important to find one who has a good track record of selling homes in your area. You should also choose an estate agent who is responsive to your needs and who is willing to work with you to get the best possible price for your home in a timescale that suits you.
- Offer a reservation agreement- House sellers often look enviously across the border at the Scottish system and wonder why cant we sell houses with more certainty. At MovingWorks you can. We allow both our buyers and sellers to enter into a legal reservation agreement whereby if either party withdraws from a sale without good reason they will pay the other party compensation. This is a way you can reduce the chances of a buyer or a seller simply changing their mind and the other party enduring stress and serious financial costs through no fault of their own.
By following these steps, you can reduce the risk of your house sale falling through saving you time and possibly tens of thousands of pounds.
Here are some additional tips to help you avoid a house sale falling through:
- Be honest and transparent with your estate agent. The more information you can provide us about your home, the better advice we can give you and the better we can market your home.
- Price your home competitively. If your home is priced too high, it may sit on the market for months or even years without selling leading to a lower price for you in the long run.
- Make sure your home is in good condition. Buyers are more likely to make an offer on a home that is clean, well-maintained, and free of major defects.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of selling your home without any problems.